Thursday, March 21, 2013

Delightful Chocolate Banana Dream Shake



Ok. It's time I get down to my two favorite loves: Chocolate and coffee and basically anything to do with either. This milkshake satisfies both hankerings without the guilt of the usual ice-cream infused Mom and Pop 50's style milkshake. I recently discovered Italian Sweet Creme by Coffee Mate and oh my goodness it's delicious, I add a bit of it to seal the sweet deal. I also make it with almond milk because it tastes just as good as regular milk but literally chops the calories by 75% and as usual, you don't have to follow it to a tee, (but you should at least once). Have fun and experiment!

Ingredients:

1 banana (fresh or frozen)
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choosing)
1 tbsp whole ground flax meal
1 heaping tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 and 1/2 tbsp Italian Creme
1 tsp Raw Sugar or brown sugar
Sprinkling of instant coffee (don't let the picture deceive you, I usually drink full-strength!)
A few ice cubes

Here's the hard part, (just kidding): Put everything in the blender and let your imagination and mouth drool with anticipation on how great this is going to taste! If you wish, put the coffee on top after it's blended along with some bits of banana for dipping. Ciao!





No comments:

Post a Comment